Thursday, June 11, 2009

update and final report on chocolate lab found in Bonham

This is a message from Mary K. Davis of Bonham where the chocolate lab took refuge. How merciful God is to have sent this dog to Mary, one of Bonham's unsung Animal Angels: In a message dated 6/11/2009 1:57:49 P.M. Central Daylight Time, melkdav@gmail.com writes: My grandson Jarod and I took turns last night keeping her company, but by 3am we couldn't stay awake, and she was resting comfortably. we both went to bed. I was up again just before 8. When I went in to check on her, the entire floor of our laundry room was soaked with her blood. We cleaned her up and and the laundry room so our other dogs could go out to do their morning business. We through some clothes on and put her in our station wagon and headed for Ardmore, OK to Dr. Freida's. This loving and beautiful old dog had terminal cancer that had invaded her entire GI track. She was severely anemic due to the blood loss. She could no longer eat. We bid her farewell and petted her until her spirit left her body. We had a funeral for her and buried her in our side yard, entrusting her soul to the Piper at the Gates of Dawn and Artemis, Patroness of all good dogs. I only knew her for 14 hours, but her loss is terrible. I so wish I had known her in her full health and joy. I am so glad she found us at the last. She did not deserve to be turned out into the storm to die alone. Mary